Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Beginnings

Boy it has been awhile since I last posted. So many beers, so many air miles and far too few things that have truly excited my taste buds. The stand-outs are there:

Southern Tier Hop-Sun - A quaffable summer session brew if there ever was one.
Brooklyn 2006 Chocolate Stout - Coffee, toffee, and malted milk - Incredible!
Brooklyn 2007 Chocolate Stout - Coffee, Dark Cocoa a sharp contrast to the 06 that has mllowed with age
Dale's Pale Ale and its "Big Brother" Gordon - hopalicious - citrus, substantial malt backbone in a can.

Avoid:

Avery's "The Kaiser" an Uber-Doppelbock - Boy talk about alcohol in the nose. No subtle hints here but a full throttle nose hair singed burn. Tough to smell anything else ... I expect that in bourbons - not beer.

Well this is a short-post but I will claw my way back to a prolific 2008. Hats off to fellow bloggers AHMuse and Gorky Rises .